Sunday, August 27, 2006

The Oldman




We spent a day fishing the Oldman in the area known as the Livingston Gap, or just The Gap. In our week fishing southern Alberta, I found this to be the prettiest stretch of water we fished. It featured deep pools, rock gardens and glides. Mike caught a 23 inch bull trout on one of Ken's spey flies. I caught one good cut and some smaller ones. Beautiful water.

I started fishing a #14 stimulator pattern, but quickly switched to a smaller attractor - a little yellow humpy - as the stimulator was attracting only splashy refusals. I also tried nymphing and hooked and lost a big trout on a bead-head caddis larva pattern. I couldn't tell if it was a big cut or a bull.

For a sense of scale in these pictures, look for Mike and Ken in the bottom shot....

1 Comments:

Blogger Sensi said...

very nice photos!

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home