Monday, May 07, 2007

above Forks of the Credit




Beautiful day above the Forks of the Credit... Hendricksons were emerging most of the afternoon - not a heavy hatch but a steady one. I caught 6, all browns, broke off an alligator, and cast for ages at two large risers that came up several times only to refuse my flies. Fished from noon until 7:00 and did lots of walking and wading. The water level has settled nicely and the river showed lots of trout today.

There is construction on Forks of the Credit Road. You can still drive to and park at the Forks though, but don't expect to drive through to Bellfountain because you can't do it. Hardly anyone out today - Mondays are great days to fish!

Sorry I didn't get a better shot of that nice trout. After I netted it, I remembered I had my camera with me. I wanted to release the trout quickly and safely, so I only allowed myself a quick shot of the fish in the net.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Fish! Hope you do as well again today if you go.

4:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home