Monday, May 14, 2007

An evening at the Forks

I was tired after moving a lot of stone for some landscaping in my backyard, but I couldn't resist driving up to the Credit for a couple hours this evening. I had planned to fish the stretch above Grange Rd. but there were 4 cars there when I arrived, so I continued on to the Forks where I knew I could find some water to myself. I walked a little way, and fished the stretch between the second parking lot and the first house at Brimstone. There are two runs there where good trout rose to my fly last time out. Nothing doing in the first stretch, but in the second, I caught a lovely 15 inch brown right where it was rising before. Downstream, I caught another brown, but this fish was only about 9 inches.

There were a few small spinners (baetis) and a small number of hendrickson spinners in the air, and quite a few no-see-ems, and the only trout I saw rising were to my flies. There were no other fishermen anywhere near me, which is the way I prefer it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home