Saturday, August 25, 2007

Rainy afternoon

I fully expected to be rained on, but I thought it was worth the chance, and drove to the river. Hardly any bugs at all, but I hooked a good trout right away, and had several rises to isonychia patterns. At a big hole (never mind where), I watched a very large trout come up for some kind of fly I didn't see. This may be the biggest trout I've seen in the river, well over 20 inches. I couldn't get a rise over the trout, but hooked and lost a nice one at the top of the pool.

Then the rain started and was pretty bad for a while. After 45 minutes or so, the rain slowed to the point where I could fish again, but I could only raise small trout after that.

Saw a large dead brown washed up on some gravel. Its spots were still visible. I would say it was about 20 inches.

Only saw 2 isonychias emerge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home