Monday, May 21, 2007

Cold afternoon on the Grand River




The Grand was low and clear yesterday. I accessed a stretch of the 'middle river' section on a cold and overcast afternoon (which later turned to a colder but clear early evening). There was a good hatch of olives when I arrived, and the swallows were swooping, grabbing the duns from the air. At a certain point, I saw no more olives, but the swallows continued to feed. I wouldn't have seen the tiny light-coloured midges if a couple hadn't landed on me.

That said, I did not see a large trout move in several hours on the river. I did catch a few small browns, mostly on little soft-hackles. None of the guys I talked to had seen large trout.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am sure you must have seen some carp, some turd balls, and a bit of a 'stain'.. in the muckhole. Did you make your way to the new muckshop?

5:06 AM  
Blogger mister anchovy said...

It actually looked more than usual like a trout stream, East. I didn't visit the shop.

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home