Sunday, September 30, 2007

End of Season

Today is the last day of trout season where I live. After a leisurely breakfast, I spent a few last hours on the river. Water low, bugs few. Some guys did well early this morning from what I hear, but for me it was a quiet few hours working up a river I love.

Some rain, particularly over the last month or so would have helped the fishing out quite a bit. I'm worried about the isonychias - I saw only a fraction of the number of bugs I usually see, and that had an adverse effect on the fishing too (was this a side-effect of the lack of rain?)Still, I caught my fair share of trout this year, and even a few good sized fish.

I likely won't post much here until I start some winter tying, whenever that might be....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there, I came across your blog and I'm likin it! I'm gonna link to it from my blog. Mine is about fly fishing in southern ontario as well. I bet we can share some secret patterns!!

dave
AKA Fish Finder
http://fishfinderontario.blogspot.com/

10:27 AM  
Blogger Steve Dobson said...

Hello,
I was reading about dry fly techniques on Dave's site and followed the link from his blog here. Great stuff, very interesting. I will link here from my blog too. Mine is about Atlantic Salmon fishing mostly but I'll fish for anything that takes a fly and write about anything that takes my fancy.

Cheers,
Steve
http://dobsonclip.com/blog/

4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home