Friday, April 04, 2008

At the vice



I had the day off work today, and spent most of the morning running errands. One of those was to stock up on hooks and other tying supplies. Normally, by this time of year, I've tied plenty enough flies to get me to summer, but this winter I've been lazy. I made up for it this afternoon, tying up a bunch of Hendrickson Usuals. I tie them both up and down wing, and match the size and body colour to the hatch. I also tied a few catskill style flies to match our local hendricksons. Later this weekend, I plan to tie up some olives, some sulfurs, some foxes, and then a bunch of caddis adults and pupae.

Going through my flies the other day, I see my soft-hackle selection has dwindled, so that's on my list as well. The season is around the corner....

3 Comments:

Blogger baraz said...

Nice to see you've begun posting again!! Look forward to reading more as the season progresses!!

12:42 PM  
Blogger Random Phrump said...

Enjoy your writing... love that USUAL!
Keep up the good work!

RP

6:38 PM  
Blogger mister anchovy said...

Thank you Mr. Phrump.

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home