Sunday, March 15, 2009

Looks like spring

It's still early I know, but it looks like spring today. I'm working around the house and the bbq is happening outside slowly working on some ribs. The nice weather has reminded me that I'm behind, as usual on tying flies. I've tied the usual bunch of flies that will get me through the early hatches, as well as a few little streamers. Most seasons I don't use streamers that much, but last year I did very well when I did go to them, so I'm prepared for this spring.

One of these days I'll have to take a few hours and go through my vest and do my annual reorganization, and at the same time make sure my lines are OK, and I'm stocked up on leaders and tippet and anything else I might need. I find that the more I fly fish the less junk I need to carry around with me. In fact, I'm considering moving to a chest pack from a vest this year if I can find one that I like.

This spring we're planning to get a pup. It's been many years since I've had a dog around the house. We'd like to get a newf, because, well because I have a soft spot for hulking dogs with hearts of gold. The question will be, can I train her to be a fly fishing dog, with enough sense only to swim in my pool once I've taken a trout from it?
We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home