Saturday, May 16, 2009

Excuses excuses



I spent the afternoon on the river. There were olives then olives and hendricksons coming off the water. It was overcast, with thunderstorms on the way. The water was higher than I like it, but pretty clear. There were a several cars worth of fishermen about, but as usual, mostly at the downstream bridges. I'm not a very social fisherman, and prefer to find spots where I can have a pretty good stretch of water to myself.

The trout were not working the surface at all. I tried a little grey ghost streamer and turned three good trout. One was on for maybe ten seconds and clearly a very nice trout. After a while I switched to a soft-hackle and quickly hooked another good trout, which I lost after my tippet knot failed. I had tied a poor blood knot, seen that it was poor, and left it anyway. I guess I deserve what I get.

The trout may have won today, but it was great to get out on a trout stream, and I'll be back for more as soon as I can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home